Why the HevORT?
I got into 3D printing by building a CoreXY Hypercube Evolution 300X300X300 (HEVO).
This was a very good learning experience for me.
After several months of printing and looking closely at the design from the HEVO I had some ideas for improving some areas based on my needs. Well, first thing I know, I am now designing my own printer model using freshly acquired Fusion360 knowledge. Pulling back my mechanical engineering course notes from way back then… I have designed what is now known as the HevORT (Hypercube Evolution Olivier RT).
The Design Philosophy
- Stepper Motors to be out of the heat chamber and at the back of the printer
- Maximized ratio between XY print area vs frame dimension
- Triple Z motor Self-Leveling (True term would be Auto-leveling , but the common use for Auto-leveling designates software compensation based on topographic mapping of the bed)
- Wide and Tall front printer opening without extrusion member in the line of sight to the print head.
- Rigid Gantry for achieving high acceleration and speed using a direct drive extruder
- No metal machining of parts (or limited as much as possible)
- Open Source data
Hope you enjoy building and running this printer as much I do!